- What does Self Assessment involve, and who pays it?
- How much limited company tax do I have to pay?
- What is Corporation Tax, and how do you account for it?
- How are limited company dividends taxed?
- Company Car Tax – how does it work?
- The role of a limited company accountant + how to choose one
- How to choose a limited company accountant
- Balance sheet, profit and loss account – what do they mean?
- What is VAT, and do I need to register my company?
- Limited, Sole Trader, Partnership or LLP?The main business structures.
- Set up a CompanyThe key steps in the incorporation process.
- Articles / Memorandum of AssociationWhat these documents do.
- Company NamingYour name must abide by various rules and conventions.
- Type of Limited CompanyNot all are private limited companies.
- Registered Office AddressEvery limited company must have one.
- Certificate of Incorporation?When is it, and what information does it contain?
- Limited Company AdvantagesHow being limited compares to other structures.
- Share CapitalHow different types of shares can be issued.
- Limited LiabilityWhat does this term mean in practice for directors?
- Company DirectorsWho can become a company director?
- Limited vs Self EmployedWe compare the key features of each structure.
- 20 Tips Before you Start UpThings to consider before making the leap.
- Business PlanningThe elements to include on a robust business plan.
- How many limited companies are there in the UK?
- Business valuation – how much is your company worth?
- How to choose a limited company bank account
- Can I use my personal bank account for business?
- Limited Company Expenses ListThe main allowable expenses.
- Capital AllowancesHow to offset capital costs against tax.
- Company Car TaxBuy a car, or use your own and reclaim costs?
- Pre-Formation CostsFrom before you started the business.
- Telephony ExpensesTax treatment of phones and broadband.
- Health ExpensesMedical costs, gym, annual check, insurance.
- Computer CostsHardware and software expenses.
- SubscriptionsMemberships to professional organisations.
- Charitable ExpensesGiving to charity and sponsorship-type costs.
- 24 Month Travel RuleImportant info if you’re a professional contractor.
- Professional Indemnity InsuranceIn case you make a mistake whilst providing professional advice.
- Private Health InsuranceCovers medical treatment if you fall ill.
- Employers’ Liability InsuranceIf you have employees it is compulsory.
- Relevant Life CoverLife cover, paid for by your limited company.
- Public Liability InsuranceEssential if you interact with customers or clients.
- Tax Investigation InsuranceCovers professional representation in the event of an HMRC compliance visit.
- Keyman insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
How to use LinkedIn to market your business
As a professional, it’s the one platform you can’t afford to ignore because simply put, LinkedIn is all about business – so how do use LinkedIn to market your goods or services?