Here is a concise list of limited company accountancy providers – particularly focusing on those who offer services to professional contractors and small business owners.
Directory of accountants
Intouch – complete monthly service, free IR35 risk assessments, company formation, registered office address.
Churchill Knight – complete service, including company formation, dedicated account manager, bookkeeping.
Please get in touch with us if you’d like us to consider your business for inclusion.
Choosing a limited company accountant – 8 tips
- Seek advice from other business owners when choosing an accountant, as a recommendation may prove to be priceless.
- Don’t focus solely on price. Customer service is arguably a more important consideration for many businesses.
- Make sure your accountant uses the latest technology (FreeAgent or bespoke) – online software is standard these days.
- What’s included in the fee? And what ‘extras’ do you have to pay for. This is important so you can compare suppliers fairly.
- Will you be charged ‘catch up fees’ for joining a new accountant, or will this be waived as an incentive to join?
- How long will your tie-in period be, and what penalties exist if you decide to change accountants in the future?
- Make sure any firms you consider are professionally qualified.
- Choose a specialist accountant if you’re a professional service provider, such as an engineer or contractor.
- Accountant Duties – what can an accountancy firm to do for your business?
- Choosing an Accountant – handy checklist to help you select the right firm for your business.
- Annual Accounts – what they are, and when/how to submit them.
- Bookkeeping – the ongoing tasks your limited company needs to complete.