There are many legal aspects to running a limited company – dealing with your statutory obligations, taking on staff, dealing with contracts, clients and customers, and a maze of legislation which covers every aspect of small business life.
- Your First Employee – steps you must make when you hire staff.
- Dismissals – the steps you must take if you want to let an employee go.
- Interviews – questions you need to ask any prospective members of staff.
- Bribery Act – ensure you and any employees abide by new legislation.
- Trademarks – what they are, and how they can protect your IP.
- GDPR – legislation which protects individuals’ data – important reading.
- Types of Hire – how you can hire staff, from employment to contracts.
- Jury Service – what to do if you or an employee are called up.
- Patents – how a patent can protect your inventions.
Since it became law in June 2014 under the Children and Families Act, employees have had the statutory right to request flexible working once they
As a business owner, you are probably aware that you must automatically enrol any employees into a workplace pension scheme. Here we look at how
Hiring your first employee can feel like a strange and daunting task for any small company owner, particularly as it means handing over a great